Traxxas iD Battery Technology Explained
Traxxas iD is the standard for efficiency, ease of use, and high current handling.
- All electric Traxxas models are equipped with Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Built in balance plug on LiPo batteries
- Multiple locking barbs keep terminals secure
- Keyed to only plug into the correct style Traxxas charger
- Shrouded wire connections
- Wide surface area, gold-plated terminals
- Traxxas Connector has 24.5 times less resistance than a Molex connector
- Reverse polarity protection makes it impossible to connect backwards
- Textured surface for easy gripping
- Secure, positive locking spring loaded terminals for consistent contact
- Durability: 1,000+ connections with no resistance gain
Revolutionary concepts come in all shapes and sizes, and the patented Traxxas High-Current Connector defines the standard for efficiency, ease of use, and high-current handling. Traxxas iD-Equipped Power Cell batteries include new Traxxas High-Current Connectors as standard equipment.
With today's brushless motors and high-density, high-discharge battery packs, using a wimpy connector is like attaching a garden hose to a fire hydrant. The pressure is there but the flow is strangled with resistance. Traditional connectors are simply not up to the task.
The Traxxas High-Current Connector flows current like a fire hose with virtually zero voltage loss from power-robbing resistance. The Traxxas connector is a better-engineered solution for real-world use. Large, textured surfaces on the plug bodies are easy for fingers to grip and the clever reverse-polarity protection makes Traxxas connectors virtually impossible to plug in backwards. Shrouded wire connections eliminate the extra steps to install heat shrink tubing. Beefy, gold-plated copper terminals with large, spring-loaded contact areas ensure a perfect connection every time. Even after thousands of uses, Traxxas connectors maintain their precision feel and incredibly low resistance.
Goes Above and Beyond any other Connector
The new High-Current connector is more than just another connector, it's a virtual fail-safe. Each High-Current connector is specifically designed to mate with the proper charger (TRA2970). This means no more accidentally charging a LiPo on a NiMH charger. For LiPo batteries, the new High-Current connector eliminates the need for fumbling with a clumsy external balance lead. Traxxas has given the ability for iD Power Cell LiPo batteries to be balanced through the High-Current connector.
Whichever iD Power Cell battery is used, the advantage of the High-Current connector is significantly safer and more efficient charging. It's all accomplished while meeting Traxxas' strict power delivery and high performance standard.